Which Windows OS tool scans the critical files of the operating system and replaces any files that have been corrupted?
- Disk Cleanup
- Disk Management
- Scan System
- System File Checker
Several software tools are available to diagnose problems, maintain hardware, and protect the data stored on a computer:
- Disk Management – Initializes disks, creates partitions, and formats partitions.
- Format – Prepares a hard drive to store information.
- Scandisk or Chkdsk – Checks the integrity of files and folders on a hard drive. It can also check the disk surface for physical errors.
- Optimize Drives – Previously known as Defrag, optimizes space on a hard drive.
- Disk Cleanup – Clears space on a hard drive by searching for files that can be safely deleted.
- System File Checker (SFC) – Scans the operating system’s critical files and replaces files that are corrupt.