Which two statements about the relationship between LANs and WANs are true? (Choose two.)
- Both LANs and WANs connect end devices.
- WANs connect LANs at slower speed bandwidth than LANs connect their internal end devices.
- LANs connect multiple WANs together.
- WANs must be publicly-owned, but LANs can be owned by either public or private entities.
- WANs are typically operated through multiple ISPs, but LANs are typically operated by single organizations or individuals.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Although LANs and WANs can employ the same network media and intermediary devices, they serve very different areas and purposes. The administrative and geographical scope of a WAN is larger than that of a LAN. Bandwidth speeds are slower on WANs because of their increased complexity. The Internet is a network of networks, which can function under either public or private management.