What two actions are appropriate for a support desk technician to take when assisting customers? (Choose two.)
- Interrupt customers if they start to solve their own problems.
- Comfort a customer by minimizing the customer problem.
- Let a customer finish talking before asking additional questions.
- If you have to put the customer on hold, ask the customer for permission.
- As soon as you detect customer anger, pass the angry customer to the next level.
When dealing with customers, a technician should show professionalism in all aspects. A technician should observe the process before putting a customer on hold. First, let the customer finish speaking. Then, explain that there is need to put the customer on hold for a short period, and ask the customer for permission to do so. Tell the customer that it will be only a few minutes and explain what you will do during the period. When the customer agrees to be put on hold, thank the customer.