What are two features of the active partition of a hard drive that is using MBR? (Choose two.)
- The active partition must be a primary partition.
- Up to four primary partitions can be marked as active.
- An active partition must be assigned C: as the drive letter.
- The operating system uses the active partition to boot the system.
- The active partition may include the manufacturer recovery partition.
Under the MBR partition scheme standard, up to four partitions can be primary partitions, but only one of them can be marked as active. Even though the C: drive is normally the active partition, a computer could have another drive letter (partition) marked as active. The recovery partition is never used in normal operations as an active partition, but is used when no other means is possible to recover the operating system to the original configuration.