What are two characteristics of IP? (Choose two.)
- retransmits packets if errors occur
- guarantees delivery of packets
- does not require a dedicated end-to-end connection
- operates independently of the network media
- re-assembles out of order packets into the correct order at the receiver end
The Internet Protocol (IP) is a connectionless, best effort protocol. This means that IP requires no end-to-end connection nor does it guarantee delivery of packets. IP is also media independent, which means it operates independently of the network media carrying the packets.