What are the two methods that a wireless NIC can use to discover an AP? (Choose two.)
- transmitting a probe request
- sending an ARP request broadcast
- initiating a three-way handshake
- receiving a broadcast beacon frame
- sending a multicast frame
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Two methods can be used by a wireless device to discover and register with an access point: passive mode and active mode. In passive mode, the AP sends a broadcast beacon frame that contains the SSID and other wireless settings. In active mode, the wireless device must be manually configured for the SSID, and then the device broadcasts a probe request.