A technician uses the ping 127.0.0.1 command. What is the technician testing?
- the TCP/IP stack on a network host
- connectivity between two adjacent Cisco devices
- connectivity between a PC and the default gateway
- connectivity between two PCs on the same network
- physical connectivity of a particular PC and the network
Explanation:127.0.0.1 is the local loopback address on any TCP/IP network device. By pinging this address, the technician is verifying the TCP/IP protocol stack on that particular device.