A technician is troubleshooting a Windows 7 computer that displays an “Invalid Boot Disk” error message. What would be the most likely action the technician should perform to correct the issue?
- Use the System Recovery Options to select the correct active partition.
- Scan for and remove any virus found.
- Run chkdsk /F /R to fix the hard drive file entries.
- Replace the hard drive on the computer.
Typical causes of a computer operating system not being found are as follows:
- The partition is not set as active.
- The computer is missing startup files necessary for Windows.