A network administrator is configuring a RADIUS server connection on a Cisco 3500 series WLC. The configuration requires a shared secret password. What is
- the purpose for the shared secret password?
- It allows users to authenticate and access the WLAN.
- It is used by the RADIUS server to authenticate WLAN users.
- It is used to authenticate and encrypt user data on the WLAN.
- It is used to encrypt the messages between the WLC and the RADIUS server.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The RADIUS protocol uses security features to protect communications between the RADIUS server and clients. A shared secret is the password used between the WLC and the RADIUS server. It is not for end users.