A customer brings a laptop into a computer repair shop. The technician can tell that the laptop is powered on by the power light, but nothing displays on the screen. What are two possible issues that could cause this symptom? (Choose two.)
- The backlight needs adjusting.
- The display properties need adjusting.
- The laptop has gone into sleep mode.
- The screen cutoff switch needs cleaning or is damaged.
- The video cable is loose.
A dark screen on a laptop when the display is up and the laptop is powered on could happen because the laptop is in sleep mode. Tap a key to see if that is the case. If that does not work, remove the battery and AC power cord, then reinstall the battery and attach the power cord and try powering on again. The problem could also be a dirty or damaged screen cutoff switch. Use the repair manual to locate and clean or replace the switch.