A support desk technician is dealing with an angry customer. Which two approaches should the technician take in dealing with the customer? (Choose two.)
- Ask socially related questions to direct the customer away from the problem.
- Work to redirect the conversation to solving the problem.
- Immediately transfer the customer to a higher level technician.
- Reply to the customer with the same level of anger.
- Let the customer explain the problem without interrupting.
Angry customers should be allowed to explain the problem, then be redirected to discussing how the problem can be solved. Transferring the customer, replying in a rude tone, and asking unrelated questions will usually increase, not ease, the anger being expressed by the customer.